It’s Time To Get Your Act Together…
We are so excited for your child to participate in this year’s talent show! Please assist your child in choosing an act that will allow them to SHINE. Dance, sing, act, play an instrument, hula hoop, perform magic … Each performance must be no more than TWO minutes long and include elementary-school appropriate (“G-rated”) material.
Be sure to read dates and guidelines below! If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Talent Show is full for this year. We hope you consider signing up next year!
PARENTS – On the online sign up form, please sign up each child individually. You will need the following: child’s name, grade, teacher, type of act (solo or group), group members (if applicable), type of act and song title/artist for music request. At your child’s Talent Review you will need to sign the waiver/media release form If your child is still working on a song selection or figuring out what to do, that’s okay – please register them now and finalize your plan by the Talent Review (see below).
**DEADLINE TO SIGN UP IS January 10TH!**
IMPORTANT TALENT SHOW DATES & INFORMATION
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2020 @ 1:45 PM – 1ST TALENT REVIEW
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 29, 2020 @ 1:45 PM – 2ND TALENT REVIEW
**IT IS MANDATORY FOR EACH ACT TO ATTEND ONE TALENT REVIEW**
WHAT IS A TALENT REVIEW?
A TALENT REVIEW is not a tryout – we want everyone participating to be able to showcase their talents, therefore everyone makes it! At the Talent Review we will review each act, offer any guidance and/or advice if needed, and make sure every act is appropriate and follows the guidelines (guidelines stated below). Your child only needs to attend one Talent Review. Please click below to reserve your child’s spot at the Talent Review date that works for you.
Button below only for Talent Review, you must have previously signed up for the show.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18, 2020 @ 1:45 – 1ST DRESS REHEARSAL
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25, 2020 @ 1:45 – 2ND DRESS REHEARSAL
**IT IS MANDATORY FOR EACH ACT TO ATTEND ONE DRESS REHEARSAL BUT WE ENCOURAGE ATTENDING BOTH, IF POSSIBLE**
Please have your child come to the Dress Rehearsal dressed in their full costume/outfit. The kids will run through the entire talent show so we can work out any kinks. Children performing in the show must be supervised by a responsible adult during all Talent Reviews and Dress Rehearsals.
TALENT SHOW GUIDELINES
- Each student may only be in 1 ACT
- Each act is 2 MINUTES or less. No more than 2 minutes, this is to keep it fair and fluent.
- NO LIP SYNCHING – if you are singing there can be NO LYRICS, not even quiet ones. We want your talent, not someone else’s!
- No bad language or innuendo – choose your song carefully, whether you are singing or dancing to it.
- No inappropriate dancing.
- No animals allowed in the act.
- No inappropriate costumes.
- No toy weapons of any kind to be used in acts.
- We will provide a piano and a microphone in the MPR. If you require additional instruments or props, please let us know in your signup form.
- First come first serve. We cannot have duplicate acts! We often have people or groups who want to perform to the same song, or want to sing the same song. The act that signs up online first with the name of the song will get to perform that song. We will contact you if you do not get your first choice of song.
- DEADLINE FOR REGISTERING ONLINE IS 1/10! No acts will be considered after this date.
- If your child cannot attend the Talent Review or Dress Rehearsal, please let us know and we’ll try to be flexible.