Spring Give-and-Take Event
In celebration of Earth Week, FJMS is hosting a free Give-and-Take Event at Joe Michell School on Saturday April 29, 10:00-2:00 in the Multipurpose Room.
How does it work?
Volunteers will be collecting and organizing items at the school on Friday, April 28 from pick-up time until 6:00pm. On Saturday, all members of our community are invited to come back to the school to take home new-to-you items for free.
Anything left over after the event will be donated.
In addition to donating good-condition items for other members of our community, you can also drop off items that are in not-so-good condition to be recycled! Recycling will be provided by EkoLinq.
- Please clean/launder all items you drop off, even those you wish to recycle.
- This is an adult event. You are welcome to bring your children, but please supervise them at all times.
- Lunch will be available for purchase from Your Taco Guy from 11:30-2:00.
- Beverages will be available for purchase from JMS Student Leadership.
- Free coffee will be provided by FJMS.
- If you would like to volunteer to help with this event, please fill out our volunteer form or email us.
What we will accept for the Give-and-Take:
- Gently used (no stains/rips/damage):
- Clean stuffed toys
- Complete games with all pieces
- Complete puzzles with all pieces
- Activity books
- Barely used art supplies/school supplies
- In good condition:
- linens and textiles
- home decor
What you can recycle:
(Please bag your recyclables separately!)
- Any clothes, regardless of condition
- Damaged linens and textiles
- Shoes, purses, accessories in poor condition
- Undergarments and socks, regardless of
- Damaged stuffed animals
- Soft-side suitcases
What we will NOT accept:
- Hazardous/broken items
- Wet/moldy items
- Baby gear, including car seats and strollers
- Garden tools